Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Calendar

After a discussion with my thesis advisor yesterday about the best ways to go about researching & writing, from a time management perspective, I realized that I needed to make an outline. This will mostly be for organizing my research process, not necessarily in the set up of the paper, yet.

This is what I have so far:

This week: History & some current events {by default of setting up a blog}
Next week: Organizations involved in tourist activities & historic preservation
Last week of June/beginning of July: Problems & positives {what's helping & what's hindering economic growth through tourism}
July: Oral History with Mémère & interviews with business owners
All throughout this time line: basic information on sustainable & heritage tourism
August: start seriously writing, although I hope to have some paragraphs regarding the above research in process. This is another reason why I think researching through a blog form can be beneficial, all hopes of public outreach aside, this will be a way for me to gather information, photos, thoughts, & news in one space.

I know it looks idealistic, but I can work really efficiently when I want to/have the time to! Fingers crossed.


{image: City Data, Palmer's Island Lighthouse}

1 comment:

  1. I like the ocean waves background. And this looks like a great way to gather information and connect to people in the community. Now I need to visit New Bedford!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails