Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Charts

Today, I met with my thesis advisor to go over chapters {content & sequence} & then I got to work finishing the research/compiling material for my social media marketing chapter. This is the one I'm making all those charts for...

I decided on the top travel/trip planning sites to gather material for these charts. These were either websites that I knew of & had used before {trip advisor, lonely planet, etc} or ones gathered from a basic Google search {which is probably how people go about planning a day trip anyways}. Here they are {the number in parentheses refers to the amount of activities suggested for New Bedford - remember I'm focusing on day trips, so I'm leaving lodging out}:

1. Trazzler {3}
2. Yahoo Travel {49}
6. Yelp {321}
11. Short drives {3}
12. Frommers {0}

A number of sites {specifically, Travel Channel & Frommers} listed nothing for New Bedford. Clearly, a chart has not been made for these sites, but I will include that they had no suggestions because it is pertinent to the level of exposure New Bedford has on tourism websites - & these two are heavyhitters in that realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails