Friday, September 3, 2010

Trazzler

Travel find on Twitter: Trazzler! They have some more unique travel/trip planning ideas on their website. I plan on utilizing some of the ones I found for Washington D.C this weekend, but I did a search for New Bedford, Massachusetts & was pleased that 3 - quite unique -things came up.

Here they are, all suggestions & photos from the Trazzler website {which I highly recommend}:

1. Moby Dick Marathon: Perfect if you're a Herman Melville fan or if you want to read the book, but haven't gotten around to it yet. This year {2011} will be the 15th anniversary of this event -a 24 hour binge reading of Moby Dick {which was set in & mostly written in New Bedford}. I believe my father participated a few years ago & I know I have other relatives who, if not a reader, have definitely been listeners. I'm thinking about going this year since I will be around!


2. Feast of the Blessed Sacrament: This might be one of the things New Bedford is best known for in the present -even though it's been going on forever {founded in 1915}. I have never been & I know my Mémère has never been even though she has lived here her whole life. Could next year be the year? Being that New Bedford's population is, at present, 60% Portuguese it makes sense that the biggest Portuguese festival is held here. It's worth it for the food & wine -even though I'm not Portguese {hey, all my French Canadians!} I have enjoyed their food while in the city.


3.Whaling Museum: It's a big deal. Founded 107 years ago, it's still a big player in local preservation activities & maritime studies.



SQ4XA98EEGUV

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the nice post about us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I love your site! I follow you on Twitter, which is how I found you. I plan on utilizing some of your suggestions for DC today/this weekend. Thanks for the comment -I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails