Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Status Update

Vacation is over. Did I get much done while in Maine? Eh...not a whole lot. Here's where I'm at:

The day before I left I attempted an oral history with my Mémère. It turned more into an information gathering interview about family history & her feelings about New Bedford. It probably isn't as detailed & organized as I had imagined it would be, but I think I have some good information - both in terms of family posterity & some information about the city & how it got to where it was 20 years ago & where it is today.

I got an interview down with the owners of Travessia Winery about local food/products, which was incredibly interesting.

I found a book buried on my Mémère's shelf {she's a hoarder} about the history of W.H.A.LE in New Bedford & how the downtown became a National Park. It's entitled Not Just Anywhere. I have skimmed all of it, but plan on reading it cover to cover. It's an amazing resource & I'm glad I could convince Mémère to lend it to me...she wasn't so convinced she would get it back!

I'm about 30 pages into Tourists in Historic Towns by Aylin Orbasli which is perfect! I'm so glad I came across this in the University of Delaware Library. I have probably pulled out 25 quotes already.

I have a few pages on the usage of Web 2.0 & a complete outline for the introduction. My Chapters are organized & I have plenty of sources. I'm basically ready to get going on some serious writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails